March 15, 2021
Interview Questions to Ask When Hiring for Your Dental Practice
COVID-19 has affected every aspect of dental practices, including the hiring process. With new rules and processes, dental practices are forced to then evolve job descriptions for both current and future employees. Whether hiring for temps or full-time employees, a proper screening process will help reveal the right hire for the job to help solidify your dental practice culture. Here’s a list of interview questions to help get you started.
Questions for the employer
- What do you consider makes a workday or environment productive?
- What roles do you like to fill during downtime in the office?
- How do you deal with a difficult patient? Do you have an example from your past experience?
- Have you ever been in a situation in which you didn’t agree with a colleague? How did you handle it?
- Have you ever been in a challenging or negative circumstance, professionally or personally, when you had to change your mindset to persevere?
- What did you do during the shutdown to further your career?
Questions for the job candidate
- What do you consider makes a successful or productive workday?
- What is one thing you’re looking to improve within the practice?
- What is the practice’s biggest challenge right now? How do you see this role helping to alleviate that challenge?
- Does the practice support continuing education?
- What does the team do to stay in touch with learning, adjusting, and connecting with each other?
- How has the practice’s views on personal protective equipment changed since COVID-19, if at all?
- Has the onboarding process changed in light of COVID-19?
- Has this role changed as a result of COVID-19?
- What qualities are you now looking for in a candidate since COVID-19?
- What has practice leadership learned as a result of COVID-19?
- What have been some key learnings from a business and leadership perspective since Covid-19?
- What are the company’s priorities and plans for the next few months?
Contact the experts at Professional Transition Strategies for more advice on how to shape the dental practice of your dreams.